May 18, 2009

WIP~Karrick, other ramblings

Okay, this as good a place as any to post this. Especially considering that I rarely write in here anymore so hopefully no one else remembers it!(Even if they do this will make no sense so don't bother trying to decipher! LOL!) My sis said that I need to write my thoughts down when doing chapters for RG( I think she said this so I could put out more chapters! LOL!!) but I never really have any set idea for writing when I do any of my stories. I have the beginnings and the endings but that's about all. Anywho...for the upcoming chapter(probablyin two or three weeks since I have to build) it'll be about Karrick's past. Considering that's where his spirit is now residing. About three hundred years in the past to be exact. Now...what are some of the things that I want to be in upcoming chapters?

  • I want to introduce Karrick as he was before he landed on Earth. Just who is Karrick K'tari and how was he?
  • Input some of the R'ouglian history as well. I have to tie this in because the history will be brought into the future when he finally realizes who is his hearts mate.
  • How do I introduce Karrick's baggage? I don't want to thow so much into one chapter nor do I want to make this three or four chapters. Maybe 2?
  • And do I want to reveal who his hearts mate is now or wait when I do the jump for the next generation?
  • Set building! Can I just say that I am not the best at that sort of thing but I can see R'ougla in my mind. I always could. Now if I could just get a little of that to show in the game I'll be happy. My downloads folder hates me but ah well!
  • Speaking of the jump...I already spoke to my sister about this(she's sorta, kinda my editor(she just doesn't know it)) and I kinda know what I want to do but I need to ask my readers which way they think would be simpler for them(also new readers as well. I don't want them to feel overwhelmed if they happen to stumble across RG and see eighty plus chapters. Ugh!)
  • And I know there will be a few deaths at the end of the first generation of this story. Now, do I want to do a clean break or have some characters lingering? I hate the whole dragging out a plot thing for years! That's why I hate soaps. And if I wanted total drama I'd turn on the news! HOWEVER, there's never really clean breaks and my sis said I have a tendency to be realistic with the stories so I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing. Hrmm...yeah, that might work.